American Water successfully launched several new digital features to provide customers an improved customer experience.
The digital enhancements include:
- MyWater: Expanded self-service options through the company’s online customer portal where users can pay their bill, turn service on/off, apply for customer assistance programs, and stay informed about water-related emergencies. Customers can also manage their billing preferences by signing up for paperless billing and automatic payments.
- Report an Emergency: Customers can report an outage or urgent water service issue using the “report an emergency” feature online in MyWater or on amwater.com.
- Virtual Assistant: The H2O Care Virtual Assistant helps customers with turning service on/off, billing, and payment questions.
- Visual IVR: For customers who prefer to call American Water for assistance, the enhanced automated phone system can help any time of day with the starting, stopping, or transferring service.
- Enhanced Payment Options: New payment options for customers with multiple accounts are now available and additional methods of payment with direct links to all customer assistance programs were also added to MyWater and amwater.com.
“At American Water, our customers are at the center of our business, and we are focused on continuously improving their experience with us. Our new online features improve our responsiveness and deliver the personal service our customers expect and deserve,” said Deb Degillio, Chief Customer Officer. “We launched these new features in direct response to customer feedback on how they want to interact with American Water.”
Customers can easily access their MyWater accounts through the company’s mobile-friendly website from any location, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to the new features, customers can continue to make payments, view their water usage history and receive alerts via MyWater.